Welcome to the very first blog post, written by a petite for petites.
- Have you ever been into a clothing store and found that the smallest size is still too big?
- Do you often find that sleeves on tops and jackets are too way long?
- Are you tired of getting your trousers, skirts and dresses shortened?
- Do you struggle to find dresses to fit you on bust, waist and hips?
- Do you find it difficult to get shoes and bracelets to fit your petite feet and wrists?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, this is where petitestyleonline.com can help. This website has been specially created to help petite women who are 5ft 3” & under find stylish clothes that flatters and fits.
If you’re reading this and are 5ft 4” or 5ft 5”, don’t worry this website can help you too. The UK fashion industry classifies petites as 5ft 3” or under, however there are clothes stores out there that are “petite friendly” which should fit you nicely.
So what makes me a petite expert? Firstly, I’d like to introduce myself. My name’s Carol and 5ft 1” tall. Whilst I was born and bred in the North West of England, I owe my petite stature to my parents who are originally from Hong Kong. I know the style challenges that petite women face on a daily basis. For those who are a little bit more nosey, you can find out more about me on the About Page here.
- I have spent the past 5 years, working as an Image Consultant and Personal Stylist. I trained with First Impressions, one of Europe’s leading image training companies. Over half of the ladies who I have styled over the years have been petite!
- I have worked with a number of shopping centres and boutiques including the Trafford Centre, which is the UK’s largest shopping centre.
- I have appeared on local radio stations such as BBC Radio Manchester.
- I also work as online tutor for students who are studying to become an Image Consultant and Personal Stylist.
I’d really like to know what about your style dilemmas are. What do you struggle with as a petite woman? Please don’t be shy and add your comments below so that I can start writing articles to help you dress for your petite figure.