You might recognise Chelsee Healey from watching Strictly Come Dancing and Waterloo Road on TV. At only 5 ft 1½” she’s struggling to pull off this outfit at the Inside Soap Awards which took place this Monday. Here are my reasons:
- Wearing prints that are too big and busy for her. The print on the dress makes her look bigger than she and takes attention of her smiley face.
- Wearing a maxi dress. Whilst the thigh split helps to elongate her legs, the dress swamps her petite frame.
- Wearing heels that are too high. The red soles of the platform heels also make her legs look shorter. The only saving grace is that the gold on the shoes lengthen her legs a little.
OK, I’ll put my claws back in and talk about how she could work this outfit as a petite whilst expressing her unique style:
- Choose a smaller and more discreet leopard print pattern and show off her lovely legs in a shorter dress such as this dress from River Island. At only £25 in the sale, it’s a steal!
- Wear more dainty gold heels to suit her petite proportions. If she wanted to wear Christian Louboutins, I’d recommend the Lady Peep Strass. Although these are 6 inches tall (15 cm), the all over gold shoes will help to lengthen her legs.
- I would co-ordinate her make up with her red soled shoes by add a YSL Red Lipstick and red nail varnish from Nails Inc.